The Dallas County Dental Society Foundation is pleased to offer the Dallas County Dental Society Public Health Scholarship to a qualified Texas A&M College of Dentistry Dental Public Health Residency Program participant. The $1,000 scholarship is awarded annually.
For consideration, the resident must meet these requirements:
- Acceptance to and enrollment in the Texas A&M College of Dentistry Dental Public Health Residency program.
- A cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher upon graduation from an accredited dental school.
- A resume or curriculum vitae documenting academic achievement, leadership roles and community involvement.
- Submission of a 300-350-word statement describing volunteer experiences to date; the reason why he or she is interested in dental public health; and ultimate career goal after graduation.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member who has knowledge of applicant’s academic achievement or community activities (can be from undergraduate and/or graduate school).
If you would like to apply for a public health scholarship from Dallas County Dental Society then please contact Lori Dees at [email protected]
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD WINNERS
A newly established Scholarship Program, conceived and developed by the Dallas County Dental Society Foundation and Texas A&M University College of Dentistry came to fruition recently with Dr. Namrata Rathod being its first awardee. The scholarship was designed to assist students who have been accepted into the Public Health Residency program at TAMCD, and who express an interest in Public Health.